7 Corn tortilla (in strips)
1 small onion chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can chopped green chilis
1 14 oz. can beef broth
1 14 oz. can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 ½ cups water
2 cups diced chicken
1 tablespoon steak sauce (A1 is my choice)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground red chili
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
2 cups grated cheese
Cut tortillas in ½ inch thick strips and set aside. Sauté onions and garlic in oil. Add next 11 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer one hour covered. Add tortilla strips and cheese and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake Potato Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 bacon strips
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup half-and-half
½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Minced fresh parsley (optional)
Chopped green onion (optional)
In a large sauce pan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Sauté onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.
Dutch Oven Chili (inspired by Jessie James Decker’s 10 can chili)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
• 1 onion
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 package of ground beef
• Salt and pepper, to season
• 1 can Rotel (mild, if you want to keep the heat to a minimum)
• 1 can diced tomatoes – chili seasoned
• 3 cans of kidney beans (I mix light and dark)
• 1 can vegetarian chili
• Cumin, to taste
• Chili seasoning, to taste
• Tony’s Seasoning, to taste
• Shredded yellow cheese (optional)
- Grab a large cooking pot and drizzle with olive oil. Sauté the onion and carrots together until well cooked.
- Add the ground beef and stir in the pot until fully cooked through. Add dashes of salt and pepper throughout the cooking process.
- Add the Rotel, kidney beans and chili and mix until ingredients begin to simmer. Sprinkle cumin, chili powder and Tony’s seasoning, as well as some more salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and allow the chili to simmer on a low heat until all ingredients are fully cooked.
- Before serving, I like to take an entire bag of shredded cheese and sprinkle it over the chili, cover and let melt.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, scallions and enjoy. Best served with a side of cornbread!
Traditional Pot Roast
2-3 pounds beef – top round, bottom round, or shoulder
1 package of Lipton’s Onion Soup mix
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2-4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
2-4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
Small red skin potatoes, cut in half or left whole if small
1 can cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together in crock pot, and place meat (fat side up) on top of them. Add water until meat is covered and place on low for 8 hours. Shred or slice meat, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply